1. YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICE. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited non-transferable, non-sub licensable, revocable license to use the Service. SAP shall make the Service and SAP Materials available to You during the term of this Agreement to remotely access and use the Service solely for Your own internal personal use for accessing WorkConnect by SAP as permitted by this Agreement and the Service documentation made available by SAP ("Documentation").
2. WHAT´S INCLUDED. The Service includes job search functionality and the storage and sharing of documents (such as resumes) and other content in the Service which can be accessed by You and potential job recruiters.
3. RESTRICTIONS. This license is limited to job search functionality. This license may not be transferred by You. SAP has no obligation to make any software or other SAP Materials available for use by You in physical form; use of the Service and SAP Materials is limited to remote access via a website made available by SAP. You shall not sublicense, license, sell, lease, rent, outsource or otherwise make the Service available to third parties. You shall be responsible for the acts and omissions of anyone accessing the Service with Your access credentials as if they were Your acts and omissions. SAP may limit storage for Your Content without notice to You. In addition, SAP has no obligation to include and may remove any functionality from the Service in any future version or in any SAP standard product. You may not access or use the Service in order to develop a competing product or service.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. You shall not remove notices and notations in the Service that refer to copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property rights. SAP or its licensors own all right, title and interest in any and all copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property or other rights in the Service and SAP Materials, and any improvements, design contributions or derivative works conceived or created by either You or SAP in or to the Service or SAP Materials. Except for the limited rights expressly granted herein, this Agreement does not transfer from SAP any proprietary right or interest in the Service or SAP Materials. All rights not expressly granted to You in this Agreement are reserved by SAP and its licensors.
5. ACCEPTABLE USE. When using the Service, You shall not, and shall ensure that any other user accessing the Service under your account ("End User") does not: (a) translate, decompile, reverse-engineer or otherwise modify any parts of the Service (b) transmit any content, data or information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another´s privacy or right of publicity, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (c) infringe the intellectual property rights of any entity; (d) interfere with or disrupt the SAP software or SAP systems used to host the Service, or other equipment or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service made known to You; (e) use the Service in the operation of a service bureau, recruiting service, outsourcing or time-sharing service; (f) provide, or make available, any links, hypertext (Universal Resource Locator (URL) address) or other similar item (other than a "bookmark" from a Web browser), to the Service, or any part thereof; (g) circumvent the user authentication or security of the Service or any host, network, or account related thereto; (h) use any application programming interface to access the Service other than those made available by SAP and described and permitted in the Documentation; (i) make any use of the Service that violates any applicable local, state, national, international or foreign law or regulation; j) use any deep-link, page-scrape, spider, robot, crawl, index, Internet agent or other automatic device, program, algorithm or technology which does the same things, to use, access, copy, acquire information, generate impressions, input information, store information, search, generate searches, impose an inordinate load on the Service or monitor any portion of the Service; (k) enter incorrect personal data or otherwise impersonate to conceal identity; or (l) provide any third party with your user credentials in order to allow the third party to gain access to the Service.
6. OTHER COMPANIES´ WEB SITES. The Service may contain links to external Web sites (including embedded widgets or other means of access) and information provided on such external websites by SAP partners and third-party service providers. SAP shall not be responsible for the contents of any linked Web site, or any changes or updates to such sites. You further agree that SAP shall not be directly or indirectly responsible or liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with Your use of or reliance on any content, goods or services made available on the Service by another user or through any linked Web site. Any article, information, data, code, text, software, documentation, graphics, image, marketing material, video, photograph, message, or posting to any forum, wiki, or blog in the Service, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person or entity providing the content.
7. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. The Service may include content provided by third parties including other users of the Service ("Content") for use in conjunction with the Service. This Content is provided "as is", and SAP makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of such Content. You use such Content at Your own risk, and SAP shall have no liability to You or any third party based on Your use of or reliance on such Content. You acknowledge that WorkConnect by SAP is only an intermediary for the online distribution and publication of Your Content, and has no obligation to screen job postings, or any other type of content or information.
8. COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT. SAP shall be entitled to monitor Your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, and, SAP may utilize the information concerning Your use of the Service to improve SAP products and services and to provide You with reports on Your use of the Service.
9. CHANGES TO THE SERVICE. SAP may change or modify the Service at any time. Your sole recourse is termination of this Agreement.
10. YOUR CONTENT. By submitting, posting or displaying content or data, including without limitation resumes or other job skill information ("Your Content") on or through the Service, You hereby grant SAP a worldwide, sublicensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive, terminable, limited license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute Your Content for the sole purpose of enabling SAP to provide You with the Service in accordance with this Agreement. You are responsible for entering Your Content into the Service and You are responsible for the maintenance of Your Content. You shall ensure that Your Content is free of all viruses, Trojan horses, and malicious code which could harm the systems or software used by SAP or its subcontractors to provide the Service. You may elect to keep your resume (or other document summarizing your relevant skills) stored in the Service for access by potential employers in order to be matched with employers seeking Your skills. If you upload Your resume in this manner, employers will be able to view Your resume and any personal information included on Your resume.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION. The term of this Agreement shall begin on the date you first access the Service and shall end upon termination by either party in accordance with this Agreement. Your failure to access the Service for a period of sixty (60) days will be deemed a termination of this Agreement by You. SAP may terminate this Agreement at any time upon notice to You, which may include notice by email. SAP may suspend Your access to the Service or remove all or part of Your Content from the Service at any time in order to protect SAP´s or its customers´ business interests if, in SAP´s sole judgment, Your use of the Service or Your Content violate or misappropriate the rights of any third party or violate any applicable law or regulation, or may result in harm to SAP, its customers, vendors or their systems. Either party may terminate this Agreement upon notice to the other party (including via email) in the event the other party breaches an obligation under this Agreement. Upon termination of the Agreement, You will no longer have access to Your Content and it will not be retained by SAP unless SAP is required to retain it under applicable law or legal process.
12. SUPPORT. Under this Agreement SAP does not provide any support services for the Services. Community support is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. If You are located outside the US or Canada: AS THE SERVICE AND SAP MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE, SAP DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT ANY FEATURES OR QUALITIES OF THE SERVICE OR SAP MATERIALS OR GIVE ANY UNDERTAKING WITH REGARD TO ANY OTHER QUALITY. NO SUCH WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING SHALL BE IMPLIED BY YOU FROM ANY DESCRIPTION IN THE SERVICE, SAP MATERIALS OR ANY AVAILABLE DOCUMENTATION OR ANY OTHER COMMUNICATION OR ADVERTISEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, SAP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR PERMANENTLY AVAILABLE. ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS ARE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION BELOW. SAP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY EMPLOYER, RECRUITER, OR OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE.
b. If You are located in the US or Canada: THE SERVICE AND SAP MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, ESCROW, TRAINING, MAINTENANCE, OR SERVICE OBLIGATIONS WHATSOEVER. SAP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, WHETHER ARISING BY STATUTE OR IN LAW OR AS A RESULT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SAP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY EMPLOYER, RECRUITER, OR OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to You.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
a. If You are located outside the US or Canada: IRRESPECTIVE OF THE LEGAL REASONS, SAP SHALL ONLY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IF SUCH DAMAGE (I) CAN BE CLAIMED UNDER THE GERMAN PRODUCT LIABILITY ACT OR (II) IS CAUSED BY WILFUL MISCONDUCT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF SAP OR (III) CONSISTS OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY THE WILFUL MISSCONDUCT OR NEGLIGENCE OF SAP OR (IV) RESULTS FROM A SLIGHTLY NEGLIGENT BREACH BY SAP OF A SIGNIFICANT CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION (IN WHICH CASE, HOWEVER, SAP'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES, WHICH ARE TYPICAL FOR THIS TYPE OF AGREEMENT AND PREDICTABLE AT THE POINT IN TIME OF ITS COMING INTO FORCE). IN ALL OTHER CASES, NEITHER SAP NOR ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUBCONTRACTORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE OR CLAIMS HEREUNDER.
b. If You are located in the US or Canada: IN NO EVENT SHALL SAP BE LIABLE TO YOU, YOUR COMPANY OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100 ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR SAP MATERIALS, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY DEFECT IN THE SERVICE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION THAT MAY BE BROUGHT AGAINST SAP, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ACTION FOR NEGLIGENCE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY SAP OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED TO THE SERVICE SHALL BE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SAP AND ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, LOSS OF GOOD WILL OR BUSINESS PROFITS, WORK STOPPAGE, DATA LOSS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS, OR EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
15. THIRD PARTY CLAIMS. You shall indemnify and hold SAP harmless from third party claims arising from or related to (i) any use of the Service (a) in breach of this Agreement; or (b) in violation of any applicable law or regulation; or (ii) an allegation that Your Content or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement or violates, infringes or misappropriates the rights of a third party. The foregoing shall apply regardless of whether such damage is caused by Your conduct or by the conduct of a third party using Your access credentials. The foregoing is, however, conditional upon SAP (i) notifying You thereof in writing and in detail without undue delay; (ii) authorizing You to conduct any judicial and extrajudicial proceedings with such third party on its own; and (iii) providing You, at Your expense, with any reasonable assistance so that You can defend against the claim. You are permitted to fully control the defense and any settlement of any such claim as long as such settlement does not include a financial obligation on SAP. In the event SAP declines Your proffered defense, or otherwise fails to cede full control of the defense to Your designated counsel, then SAP waives Your obligations under this Section. SAP shall fully cooperate in the defense of such claim and may appear, at its own expense, through counsel of its own choosing.
PRIVACY. You consent
that any personal data You submit to the Service will be processed in
accordance with the WorkConnect by SAP Privacy Statement, available at:
17. CONTENT/FEEDBACK. You acknowledge that any of Your Content that is submitted to WorkConnect by SAP could be accessible by potential recruiters, and SAP shall not be responsible or liable for any use or disclosure of Your Content by such third parties. SAP is not responsible for any improper disclosure by a potential recruiter or employer. You may provide, or SAP may solicit, input regarding the Service, including, without limitation, comments or suggestions regarding the possible creation, modification, correction, improvement or enhancement of the Service or input as to whether You believe SAP´s development direction with respect to the Service is consistent with Your business and IT needs, the technology marketplace in general, and the like (collectively "Feedback"). You acknowledge and agree that any information disclosed by SAP during discussions related to Feedback shall be considered SAP Confidential Information and shall be protected from disclosure in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. In order for SAP to utilize such Feedback, You hereby grant to SAP a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense to SAP´s licensees and customers, under Your relevant intellectual property rights, to use, publish, and disclose such Feedback in any manner SAP chooses and to display, perform, copy, make, have made, use, sell, and otherwise dispose of SAP´s and its sublicensees´ products or services embodying Feedback in any manner and via any media SAP chooses, without reference to the source. SAP shall be entitled to use Feedback for any purpose without restriction or remuneration of any kind with respect to You and/or Your representatives. You acknowledge that the information related to the Service disclosed by SAP under this Agreement is only intended as possible strategies, developments, and functionalities of the Service and is not intended to be binding upon SAP to any particular course of business, product strategy, and/or development.
a. If You are located outside the US or Canada: This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France. You and SAP SE agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the courts of Karlsruhe in Germany in any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement.
b. If You are located in the US or Canada: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania law without reference to its conflicts of law principles. In the event of any conflicts between foreign law, rules, and regulations, and United States of America law, rules, and regulations, United States of America law, rules, and regulations shall prevail and govern. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act as enacted shall not apply. You and SAP SE agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the state or federal courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement
19. COPYRIGHT POLICY SAP respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. SAP may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the access/accounts of End Users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If You believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or any other violation of your rights, please provide SAP's Copyright Agent the following information:
§ an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
§ a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or material which otherwise violates your rights;
§ a description of where the material that you claim is infringing/violating is located on the site;
§ your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
§ a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
§ a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
SAP´s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Valentina A. Boyet
3999 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073 USA
Head of Trademark Affairs
Global Legal Department
69190 Walldorf, Germany
20. Export. The Service, Documentation and other SAP Materials are subject to the export control laws of various countries, including without limitation the laws of the United States and Germany. You will not submit the Service, Documentation or other SAP Materials to any government agency for licensing consideration or other regulatory approval without the prior written consent of SAP, and will not export the Service, Documentation and SAP Materials to countries, persons or entities prohibited by such laws. You shall also be responsible for complying with all applicable governmental regulations of the country where You reside or Your Company is registered, and any foreign countries with respect to the use of the Service, Documentation or other SAP Materials.
21. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement, including the Privacy Statement for WorkConnect by SAP Website, constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between SAP and You related to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior written and oral contracts, proposals and other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter. Oral agreements do not exist. You may not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights under this Agreement without SAP´s prior written consent. If any provision of this Agreement proves to be invalid, this will not affect any other provision of this Agreement. The waiver by either party of any of its rights hereunder shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach. SAP´s performance shall be excused under this Agreement to the extent its failure to perform is caused by events beyond its reasonable control.